Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15 Chris - Niagara Falls

We finally made it. It took 32 days and countless amounts of pedaling, but we did it. We made it through everything and got to Niagara. We were looking across the falls at the place where enslaved people traveled hundreds of miles on foot to freedom. Some of our ancestors took on the challenges of traveling the UGRR so they could make a better life for themselves and the families. Present and future. I wish I could go back in time and thank them, but I can't so hopefully I'm honoring them and making them proud by being one of the first youths to cycle the trail they walked. At the moment when we reached the falls I felt so proud of myself, and also my SnR family. We made it together.

It was a tough journey but I'm glad I had the opportunity to do it with such a great group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment