Friday, July 15, 2011

July 15 - Houston - Niagara Falls, NY

At long last, today we completed our journey and made it to Niagara Falls, NY.

The falls were one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my entire life, they are tremendous and the water looks clean and swimmable. I have never seen a waterfall that enormous before and seeing this for the first time is awe inspiring. The state park revolves completely around the falls so you can see them the entire time from all sorts of angles. We also went on the boat tour called Maid of the Mist which took us right next to the falls. The mist from the falls was everywhere and because of this there was a rainbow next to the falls. Seeing these falls means a lot to me, not just their majesty but their historical meaning.

To me it symbolizes freedom and accomplishment. People on the Underground Railroad worked tirelessly to get to these falls and for me to be here after traveling the Underground Railroad myself is so rewarding. I could not think of a better way to end this trip.

Spoke 'n Revolutions Youth Cycling UGRR Tour 2011 ~ Visit the nation's National Parks. 
 Let's Move Outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment