Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 16 - Houston - Leaving for Home

Today we begin our journey home, we will be taking a 10 hour road trip back to North Carolina in our van. I am excited to go home to my friends and family in Chapel Hill. Looking back on this trip I realize that I have gained a great deal more than I knew I did from it. I have learned information from the past that most people will never know. I have seen things that most people will never see, this trip has given me the opportunity to learn a lot about my past and I am very grateful for having this opportunity. Making this choice was one of the greatest decisions of my life. From this trip I have realized that there is a lot of history that we are not taught in school and I would sometime like to learn more about this. I think in college I will take an African American studies course.

This trip has been an overall great experience for me.

Spoke 'n Revolutions Youth Cycling UGRR Tour 2011 ~ Visit the nation's National Parks. 
 Let's Move Outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment