Monday, July 11, 2011

Lorraine Motel June 22 Mahlique

Lorraine Motel - Mahlique - June 22

Today we went to the Lorraine Motel in Memphis.  This is the motel where Dr. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. The  motel was changed into a National Civil Rights Museum. It was very interesting and had a lot  history about of the Civil Rights era. I really enjoyed this museum.

My favorite part was the bus. If you sat down on the front row a voice recording would come on and you would be asked to go to the back of the bus. I thought this was really cool because you got a sense of what position Rosa Parks was in along with many other African Americans of that time.  I can't imagine what that must have been like.  I would be really mad if I had to move because of the color of my skin.  Over all it was a really good day and I thought a lot about what life was like back then.


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment